“I write my mysteries for pleasure, mine and I hope yours, and for money.”- Joe Gores
That's why Joe Goes writes mysteries, which got me thinking about why I write mysteries:
1. I like solving a puzzle.
2. I like the structure of the mystery.
3. I love bringing the bad guy to justice.
4. I like that you can add romance to the mystery.
5. I like that there’s a beginning, middle and end.
6. I like figuring out fresh ways to kill people.
7. I love researching different poisons, weapons, and household objects as murder methods.
8. I love the mystery community – everyone is so supportive and friendly.
9. I love bringing together characters, settings, and plot.
10. Most of all, I love reading mysteries.
So why do you write or read mysteries?